I’m always game for a Dionicess event. What that means is, pairings of top-notch brews with delicious food. But this time, the ante has been upped and the result looks toÂ surpass anyone and everyone’s expectations.
Late February’s extravaganzaÂ yields not one meal but two – in the same day. It’s Placentia-based Famille Rue’s brewery, The Bruery, taking center stage at The Foundry on Melrose. I think the only way to do justice to this amazing event is toÂ go for all 10 courses and make a day of it, because $115 is sooo worth Chef Greenspan’s amazing food, alone.
And the beer. At this event, only, will you be able to experience 2 beers not normally distributed past The Orange Curtain plus 3 others that are limited release or non-release special edition brews. The Bruery is one of my favorite local breweries – or anywhere – and along with their Provisions store, ties my dentist as the most common reason I will make a drive to Orange County.
Take a gander at the menu below for what is in store on this day:
Lunch Menu (The Bruery beer pairing)
- Goat Cheese and Orange Rillettes / flatbread / herbed oil (Orchard White)
- Endive Salad / taleggio / Asian pear / hazelnut oil (Saison Rue)
- Confit of Rabbit / lemon / date / olive / harissa (Loakal Red)
- Pecan Coconut and Cocoa Tartlet / bourbon ice cream / corn flakes feuilletine (Very Rare Dessert Beer)
Dinner Menu (The Bruery beer pairing)
- Charred Mackerel / grapefruit juice / oil (Saison de Lente)
- Crispy Skin Loup de Mer / spicy lemongrass broth / siriacha kimchee mushroom ragout (Mischief)
- Fried Chicken Oysters / cheddar cheese / biscuit bread pudding / collard greens / honey & black pepper gastrique (Premiere)
- Mascarpone and Black Pepper Gelato Quenelle / strawberry gooseberry cranberry compote / balsamic reduction / tarragon (Very Rare & Limited Release Beer)
- Duck Breast â€œReubenâ€ / mustard / sauerkraut (Rugbrod)
- Dark Chocolate Crepes / burnt orange marmalade / cinnamon and nutella ice cream (Very Rare Dessert Beer)
If you have scheduling conflicts and must only go to either lunch or dinner, separate pricing options are available. So go forth and reserve your space now, because spots will fill up! And do report back so I can live vicariously. Loves are loves,Â and this love of beer and food unfortunately conflicts with my love of snowboarding (I’ve committed to Colorado).