I hope everyone’s having a great holiday season! I’m checking back in (with a New Year’s resolution to update regularly come the…you’ve guessed it…new year) since I’m super excited to be live-blogging tonight from Saks Fifth Avenue in Beverly Hills.
St. Vincent’s famous food truck, Cart for a Cause, has launched a cookbook featuring 40 of Los Angeles’ acclaimed chefs. Four of them – Mark Gold (Eva Restaurant), Alex Becker (NOBU Los Angeles), Bebe Flynn (Miss Lilly’s Trading Company) and Michael Fiorelli (mar’sel at Terranea) – will be on-hand at the VIP reception at 5 PM today. For $25, you’ll get bites straight from the cookbook and get to take home your own signed copy (call 213.484.7128 to RSVP). You’ll be taking home some delicious recipes while knowing that 100% of the proceeds from your cookbook purchase benefits Meals on Wheels.
At 6 PM, tonight, is the main holiday shopping event. You can expect lots of treats! Not only will Cart for a Cause be serving up food at the valet, every sponsor will have something special to offer every attendee. Plus, free Pisco Porton cocktails and glitter tattoos. The Guerlain lash bar will be open as will the Frederic Fekkai counter. Check below for what everyone’s got in store:
- Free glitter tattoos
- Feed with Fashion Social T-shirt from JUNK FOOD CLOTHING
- Longer lashes at the GUERLAIN lash bar
- A hair analysis at FREDERIC FEKKAI
- The 30-second facelift at CELLCOSMET
- Hand and arm massages from LA MER and JO MALONE
- Mini facials at SK-II
- A chance to enter and win a PENHALIGONâ€™S fragrance gift basket, valued at $385.
- Makeovers and artistry from ARMANI, BOBBI BROWN, CHANEL, CLARINS, ESTEE LAUDER, LANCOME, LAURA MERCIER, NARS and YSL
- A special gift with your BOBBI BROWN, CELLCOSMET, CLARINS, DIOR, DOLCE & GABBANA, ESTEE LAUDER, FREDERIC FEKKAI, IOMA, LAURA MERCIER and SK-II purchases.*
- A complimentary makeup sample when you meet with a CLE DE PEAU or SHISEIDO consultant*
- Customization of your ESTEE LAUDER purchase by their engraver*
- With your SISLEY purchase, get your future foretold by renowned psychic Dora Blacman*
*denotes one per purchase
Also, don’t forget to visit me in the Blogger’s Hub! I’ll be live-blogging and tweeting the event.
And, if you decide to do some holiday shopping (for others or yourself, natch), you’ll feel great that during the hours of 6 – 8 PM tonight, 5% will benefit Miss Lilly’s Trading Company, which goes towards feeding pets belonging to homebound seniors, while 5% more will go towards St. Vincent Meals on Wheels, which help feed the seniors themselves.
See you tonight!