Since Jason Neroni left Osteria La Buca, Hollywood’s been feeling a little blue since he was the center of some of the best Italian the neighborhood ever knew. It’s a great thing, then, that he’s scheduled to make a comeback with his and Paul Hibler’s own Superba Snack Bar (nay, not so great that it’s all the way in Venice). But we can take advantage of the pop-up going on this week, however, at the West Hollywood location of Pitfire Pizza.
The pop-up at Hibler’s Pitfire is essentially a preview of what’s to come in about a month at Superba Snack Bar, which will be located at 933 Rose in Venice. So check the menu below (subject to change) and hop on over to the Fairfax District in the next couple of days:
- Snack: Chicken Liver Mousse, Rye Toast, Balsamic Cherries, Basil Buds ($10)
- Salad: Eclectic Acres Greens, Superba Ricotta, Famers’ Market Vegetables, Blossoms, Picked Jalapeño Dressing ($8)
- Pizza: Ramps and Ramp Greens, Ricotta, Crème Fraiche, Smoked Bone Marrow ($12)
- Pasta: Garganelli, Lamb Bolognese, Black Garlic, Smoked Ricotta Salata ($14)
- Sandwich: Porchetta, Wild Arugula, Preserved Lemon, Garlic Confit ($12)
- Drinks: Beer Sangria ($7), Belgian White, Prosecco, Chardonnay, Apricot Juice ($8)
It promises to be a hearty yet flavorful set, so I’m looking forward to it. Buon appetito!