We already know that our favorite Los Angeles bartenders are some of the most talented and artistic set in the city. And no, I’m not talking about constraining service employees to that stereotypical archetype of actor-actress, though I know how easy it is for you, the all-knowing Angeleno, to do so.
I’m talking about painting, photography, graffiti art, classical piano, DJing, and…who knows what else? There is plenty more in-store and ready to surprise you. All talents will be on display with no holds barred (even a surprise performance by Aidan Demarest and Marcos Tello) at the inaugural Art Beyond the Glass this upcoming Sunday. It’s an afternoon-to-evening curated by famous cocktail blogger Daniel Djang of Thirsty in LA and superstar mixologist and bar manager Zahra Bates of Providence, and what better place to do it than at Sadie Restaurant with food by Mark Gold? Mark this down as the definitive Los Angeles’s cocktail event, which brings together those sharing a beautiful artistry to showcase their artistry in all other areas.
Anxious to see just whose art, exactly, will be on display? Never fear. And those who will actually be behind the stick (an art in and of itself) are denoted with a (*):
- Rich Andreoli (*), Mia Sarazen (* & photography) – Areal
- Matt Biancaniello (*) – Library Bar at The Roosevelt
- Chris Bostick – The former GM of The Varnish has graciously donated a couple of his graphic prints to display at Art Beyond The Glass.
- Brian Butler (* & art display) – Sunny Spot, A-Frame
- Julian Cox (*) – Picca, Playa, Rivera, Short Order, Sotto
- Edwin Cruz (*) – Tlapazola Grill
- Allan Katz (DJ), Angela Gomez (*) – Caña
- Eugene Lee (* & photography), Dan Long and Rosie Ruiz (*) – Big Bar at Alcove
- Lil’ Twisted Sangrita ft. Cari Hah (*) – Neat, & Jaymee Mandeville (*) – Drago Centro
- Laura Lindsay (Live Music Performance) – Providence
- Steve Livigni (DJ), Pablo Moix (Street Art – Live Graffiti), Dave Fernie (DJ), Lindsay Nader (* & Live Performance) – Harvard & Stone, La Descarga, Pour Vous
- Joshua Lucas (Magic Show) – The Writer’s Room
- Live Performance by Mad Planet featuring Cooper Gillespie and MonicaOlive (Thirsty Crow), Tony Crouse (Broadway Bar), Greg Gordon (supperclub)
- Giovanni Martinez, Greg Bryson (*) – Sadie
- China Morbosa (Artist) – Eveleigh
- Chris Ojeda, Mia Mastroianni (*) – Soho House
- Justin Pike (* & Artist) – The Tasting Kitchen
- Jason Schiffer (*) – 320 Main
- Naomi Schimek, Diana Gettinger (Both DJing)– The Spare Room
- Erik Trickett (Live Piano Performance) – Roe Restaurant & Fish Market
- Kylee Van Dillen, Dan McClary (*) – Westside Tavern
- Daniel Zacharczuk (*), Ricky Yarnall (Artist) – Bar|Kitchen
The best part is that 100% of the proceeds from ticket sales, artwork sales and T-shirt sales (limited edition silkscreened t-shirts by Seven Grand’s Angus McShane, that is) will be donated to Inner City Arts. It’s a fabulous non-profit organization dedicated to the arts instruction of at-risk youth on LA’s skid row, making their futures ever brighter, artistic and promising. (And that is all possible thanks to sponsors like Infinium Spirits, Karlsson’s Vodka, Sailor Jerry, Becherovka, Campari Gruppo, Java Juice, Atlantico Rum, Akvinta Vodka, St. George Spirits, Heaven Hill Distilleries, Henry Wine Group, 123 Tequila and additional sponsorship and support provided by dineLA and smartwater. So be sure to be on the lookout for those spirits in your favorite cocktails.)
Art, music, cocktails and a great cause: There’s really no reason not to buy your ticket now, is there? I’ll see you on the flip side.