As November 6th rolls up, we’re reminded, again and again, that the best reason to vote is to realize our civic duty. We, as a society, have been preparing for next Tuesday for a long time (Californians, with all our propositions, you know what I’m talking about). Decisions will be made as a collective whether or not we decide to personally participate, so why not embrace it?
Whether you take-away a savory dinner to enjoy at home or await the returns in camaraderie at one of the viewing parties, your “I Voted” sticker will score some points with your taste buds and your wallet anywhere around town. If you voted absentee, perhaps you’ll want to carry your stub or some other proof with you so you can make your case. Check below for a deal near you:
Tavern (Brentwood) – Election Day
Suzanne Goin & Caroline Styne’s destination restaurant in Brentwood (who have recently made Gavin Mills, formerly of Wood & Vine, Chef de Cuisine) invites you to a night of election return watching on the flat screen TVs in the Blue Room. While the happy hour from 3 – 7 PM stands, all guests wearing an “I Voted” sticker receive Happy Hour pricing from 7 PM to closing at the bar.
- Election Night Cocktail Special: Beer, wine and cocktails priced at $3-8 and selected bar snacks
- Sliders served with herbed French fries ($12):
Blue Slider – Niman Ranch beef with blue cheese and arugula
Red State Slider – Pork, Pork, Pork with Manchego and Romesco
Cafe del Rey(Marina del Rey) – Election Day
The patriotic on the Westside may appreciate that the marina-overlooking eatery will be throwing a happy hour during their election return viewing party from 4 PM to close. Add to that, the fact that blue curacao isn’t relegated to memories of AMFs at Saddle Ranch, anymore (who? me? never!); it’s back in.
- Election-themed cocktails: $6 ea.
- Those with an “I Voted” sticker will even get a libation on the house with purchase of another cocktail.
Barockin’ Bayonet – coconut tequila, blue Curacao, lime
Not-So Radical Romney – bourbon, cranberry, grenadine
270 – Charbay vodka, blue curacao, grenadine, and sprite
WP24 (Downtown LA) – First 10 days of November
- Downtown’s skyscraper-penthouse-Wolfgang Puck flagship will be serving the Rhetoric Remedy (orange vodka, fernet, lemon and champagne float) cocktail from November 1 – 10 for $16. Because the 360-degree view of L.A. is patriotic enough.
Burger Lounge (8 locations including Beverly Hills, West Hollywood) – Election Day
The grass-fed, farmer- and environmentally conscientious burger chain is providing incentive by offering a free “½ and ½” combo to (that is, half onion rings, half French fries) to “I Voted” sticker wearers with purchase of any other menu item. Redeem at any location in L.A. or San Diego, though the closest ones to you are probably in Beverly Hills or West Hollywood. You’ll perhaps want to try this season’s (November – December) special grass-fed Bison burger.
Tortilla Republic(West Hollywood) – Election Day
- Every guest who comes in to Tortilla Republic during Election Day wearing their “I Voted” sticker will receive a complimentary “Viva La Vote” margarita. Viva La Vote is made with Maestro Dobel tequila, house made blueberry syrup, fresh strawberry and raspberry purée, lime sweet, and blue curaçao. The patio at Tortilla Republic is always a joy, too.
Lexington Social House (Hollywood) - Election Week
- Get patriotic by celebrating the “Election with Lexington” via a red, white, and blue “Flag Flight” cocktail special, offered during election week and featuring three cocktail tastings for $18. The cocktails:
The Red - muddled strawberries and basil leaves, simple syrup, vodka, apricot liquor, lemon juice, tiny dash of peach bitters, and a dash of sprite
The White - tanteo chocolate, coffee liqueur, horchata
The Blue - lightly muddled serrano chili and sage leaves, reposado tequila, blue curaçao, fresh lime juice, agave nectar, and fresh pear puree over ice
By the way, those are the colors of our flag.
Post & Beam (Crenshaw) – Election Day
- Eat your patriotic heart out with comforting fare by Govind Armstrong – a 3-course, $26 prix fixe special that includes:
Start: Late Harvest Corn Griddle Cake with Smoked Salmon and Crème Fraiche
Main: Carved Slow Cooked Brisket with Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes and Greens
Dessert: Peach Cobbler
Post & Beam’s Tuesday night wine special continues on this night with 50% off select bottles of wine, while supplies last.
Jar (Hancock Park) – Order by Sunday, 11/4; pick up on Election Day (3-7 PM)
- Take-away a Suzanne Tracht-cheffed meal to enjoy in the comfort and privacy of your own home while you watch the returns, you surly introverts. For $63, you’ll serve up 2 complete dinners, including 2 sides. This excludes tax & gratuity, and yes, the “no substitutions” phenomenon has now reached your living/dining room.
First (select one)
Little Gem Caesar, Buttered Croutons
Iceberg Wedge, Blue Cheese Dressing
Butter Lettuce Salad, Breakfast Radishes, Parmesan, Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette
Main (select one)
Jar Signature Pot Roast, Carrots, Caramelized Onions
Coq au Vin, Red wine, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Pearl Onions, Crimini
Cedar Smoked Salmon, Caper Berry Relish
Sides (select two)
Macaroni and Cheese
Dessert (select one)
Butterscotch Pudding, Salted Caramel
Chocolate Pudding, Crème Fraiche
Banana Cream Pie, Caramel Sauce
Orders must be placed at Jar by credit card no later than 5 PM on Sunday, November 4, 2012. Pick-up may be scheduled for Tuesday, November 6, 3-7 PM.
So if you haven’t voted early, be sure to visit the polls next Tuesday. Your constituents in life will thank you. Now you’ll have reasons other than pride to wear your “I Voted” sticker.
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
11648 San Vicente Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Cafe del Rey
4451 Admiralty Way
Marina del Rey, CA 90292
November 1 – 10, 2012:
900 W. Olympic Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90015
281 S. Beverly Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
8539 W. Sunset Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069
616 N. Robertson Boulevard
West Hollywood, CA 90069
November 4 – 10, 2012:
Lexington Social House
1718 Vine Street
Hollywood, CA 90028
Post & Beam
Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza
3767 Santa Rosalia Dr.
Los Angeles, CA 90008
8225 Beverly Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90048