I did an 8 Random list before, but that was about a year ago. Norbert over at Gnorb.net tagged me so I’m making this a refresher course. Besides, I had a different car back then and everyone knows Angelenos are known by their cars (and New Yorkers by their coats – Don’t say Tyra Banks never taught you anything). So I’m going to get right into it.
- Actually, I feel somewhat guilty about owning a convertible. When I have the top down, I feel like people that are in their cars next to me at the stoplight are thinking, “Look at that girl, she thinks she’s so cool in her convertible. She obviously has a really small dog or something.” I mean, what I want to say is I’m really a cat person. I know that subconsciously I want to decrease that pretentious hipster factor so maybe that’s why I’ll just randomly yawn really wide and scratch my armpits.
- I have always been surrounded by guys. I have 3 brothers, no sisters and work with 30 boys and 5 women. Ask me “Nurture or nature?” and I’ll have absolutely no clue.
- As mentioned in the About section, I name my things. I’ll use this opportunity to go more into it. My car’s name is Chelsea, my Macbook is named Mariah, my phone is named Nielsen, my Nano is named 2Pedro (you can guess what my first iPod was named). When I get into my car on the street or in a parking garage, I’ll greet her by her first name. If I’m mentioning one of my possessions I’ve named, I’ll use its name like it were a person. Maybe this means I’m lonely. (Though I do choose to watch movies by myself so maybe it is a bit of voluntary loneliness…) Continue reading
I haven’t been tagged, butÂ I came up with my own “meme” of sorts. I have always found itÂ curious that the root of “exceptional” is simply against the grain:
“an instance or case not conforming to the general rule.”
…yet “exceptional,” in adjective form, is “extraordinary, unusually excellent, and far superior.” So, I decided to play it up a little bit. More in root form than in adjective, that is. Because whether we admit it or not, sometimes we all just want to be different. Whether it’s a direct intention of our actions or we come to make our choices with that being a factor remains to be seen in each decision we make. It’s been an interesting point in my recent self-discovery. And so it goes that I shall now milk it in a blog post.
I’ve been graciously tagged by Peroty. My ship has ventured into the Sea of Memes as I speak. (You may reference my post on Where On The Online Map? if you don’t know what I’m talking about. Also, if you don’t know what a Meme is, there’s always the Wiki on it.)
I’ve done this once upon a time on a blog far, far away…but what fun would that be if I defaulted to that, anyway? Plus, I’ve hit a bit of blog writers’ block lately. There are some things brewing because lots of life changes have been happening, but I’m going to ask for your patience. The writing will come to fruition, eventually. Thanks in advance. 🙂
- We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
- Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
- Donâ€™t forget to leave them a comment telling them theyâ€™re tagged, and to read your blog.