Video by LASates.com
These are the finals you all have been waiting for. After an exhaustive semi-final round, five finalists have emerged in Table 20′s 2nd Annual L.A.’s Best Bartender Competition. Fortunately, this finalÂ round is open to the public, and all are invited to take part.
On Sunday, October 9th from 3:30 – 7:30 PM at Elevate Lounge, you’ll get to do all of the following with your discounted (from $25), $20 admission:
- Sip the finalist cocktails for free with 7 drink tickets
- Eat finger foods from Dave’s Catering
- Be amused by the event MC Dan Dunn
- Vote for your favorite cocktail
- Shop BarKeeper‘s pop-up shop
- Try artisanal sno-cones from Ice Ice Shavie
- Enjoy Elevate’s 21st floor views
- Receive food discounts at Takami Sushi
- Attend Karlsson’s Vodka Exclusive After-Party at Villian’s Tavern
And in case you need a reminder, these are the 5 mixologists and their drinksÂ you can look forward to on Sunday. Get ready to taste some of the best cocktails in L.A.:
- Joe Brooke, Next Door Lounge – People’s Choice
“The Spicy StrÃ¤nder”
- Justin Pike, Tasting Kitchen – Judges’ Selection
- Brian Summers, Harvard & Stone – Karlsson’s Cocktail Challenge Winner
“Blues in Orbit”
- Devon Tarby, The Varnish – Judges’ Selection
- Daniel Zacharczuk, Bar | Kitchen – Karlsson’s Cocktail Challenge Winner
“Faster Young Fruit”
Judging the competition will be none other than Matt Biancaniello, who won the competition last year;Â Dale Degroff of “The Craft of The Cocktail;” Jessica Gelt of the L.A. Times; Johnny Iuzzini, pastry chefÂ of Jean Georges; Bricia Lopez of Guelaguetza and Marcos Tello of Liquid Assets.Â Â Some serious star power awaits you at this event!
The Master of Ceremonies, Dan Dunn,Â The Imbiber,Â will be on hand to guide you through the best cocktail voting process. You’ll each get one token to be used to vote for their favorite finalist cocktail. Each bartender will receive a prize – but who will get the billboardÂ and trip??
Also, admission to the after-party at Villain’s Tavern is included! It comes with 1 drink ticket and live band entertainment. Awesome.
EvenÂ better? I’m giving away 3 pairs of tickets to this event. To enter:
- Comment with the name of your favorite contending cocktail. Be sure to include your email (which I won’t share) so I can get in touch with you via email and Twitter.
- Tweet: “I want to go to @LABestBartender competition, @estarLA! http://bit.ly/qFaH3S”
- “Like”Â Â e*starLA on Facebook
You must do all 3 in order to be eligible. Contest closes at 5 PM on Friday, October 7, 2011. I’ll be contacting you immediately after. No response within 3 hours means I have to pick a new winner or three.
If you’re ready to purchase your tickets, use code “estarlatix” to get $5 off!! Score!!